Thursday, April 18, 2013

Because I’m Your Dad - A Children's Book by Ahmet Zappa @because_im_your #FathersDay

Because I'm Your Dad Cover
Because I'm Your Dad
  • Author - Ahmet Zappa, Illustator - Dan Santat
  • Written for Kids Ages 1-5 Years Old
  • Published by Disney-Hyperion
  • Released April 2nd, 2013
  • 32 Pages, Color Illustrations, English Language
  • Suggested Retail Price $15.99 (Actual Price Varies)
I have come to accept it.  I am not the cool parent in our house.  My husband gets that title.  He is way more fun, and our boys love the time that they spend with him.

Oh, sure, they love me too - but I am the one who makes them clean rooms, make beds, sit up straight, use good manners, chew with their mouths closed, etc.  Their father takes them fun places, plays better music in the car, kids around with them all the time, and when he isn't working at his 9-5 job my husband plays in some local rock bands.  I can't hold a candle to that!

Because I'm Your Dad is a celebration of that kind of parent-child relationship.  



Written by Ahemet Zappa, the son of the legendary Frank Zappa, the pages capture a silly and fun relationship between a dad and his child.  It was written as a tribute to his own happy childhood and a promise to his daughter, Halo, for a one-of-a-kind relationship

Because I'm Your Dad Breakfast
Although they are depicted as monsters, there is nothing scary about these two.  Just a lot of craziness, fun, and love.

Because I'm Your Dad Tickles
Some of the promises are not practical for everyone, like taking a day off of school to go to New York City for a hot dog, or to Australia to see a platypus - but the sentiments are universal.  We all want to love our children and fill their childhood with as many beautiful memories as possible.

Most of all, we want our kids to look back and remember that we made them feel safe, loved, and special.



Because I'm Your Dad is available from online booksellers and in bookstores now, in plenty of time for Father's Day.

Find out more about Because I'm Your Dad by visiting the web page (www.becauseimyourdad.com) of checking out the Facebook fan page.  There is also a Twitter account that you can follow.

signature
disclosure

LinkWithin 2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...