Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crispy Green Freeze Dried Fruit Snacks

I am always trying to find healthy snacking alternatives for my family. It seems like every day I'm learning another thing about diet and auto-immune disorders or diet and autism, which makes me more inclined to seek more natural and healthy things to eat.
In a perfect world, we'd have an abundance of healthy, home grown produce on hand every day, and the boys would eagerly anticipate their salads, veggie platters and slaws, but that just isn't going to happen for us right now.

They do love fruit, so I work with what I can.  There are a lot of great products on the market which help me to get more servings of fruit into them each day, and I'm thankful for that!

I was recently given the opportunity to try some products from the Crispy Green Company.   Crispy Green is a natural food company.  They make freeze dried fruit snacks.  Their original products are simple one product offerings. Just fresh fruit and nothing else, freeze dried and packaged in air tight bags.

crispy green snacks

These are the products I sampled.  They are from the fruitziO line.  They are also freeze dried fresh fruit, but they also have  a sprinkle of natural sugar.   The peach snacks were light and sweet, and the kiwi had a fun sour kick.  They are as light as air, and change texture in the mouth as moisture is introduced.

These natural, wholesome and fun snacks are
  • Peanut Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Dairy Free
  • Vegan
  • Parve Kosher
  • 40 calories per serving
  • All Natural
  • No Preservatives
The only thing that I would caution parents of sensory kids about, is that the package has a distinct smell when you open it up.  The boys were hesitant to try them because of this, so I let them sit out in a bowl for a little while, and they finally gave them a try.

crispy green snacks

I would also reiterate that these snacks do change texture in the mouth, but my boys didn't find it unpleasant.

These are also very light, extremely portable and great for anyone on the go.  No mess, no peel, no core, no sticky juice to clean up.  (But make sure to reseal the package, or humidity will ruin them!)

You can buy Crispy Green and fruitziO snacks online by shopping Amazon or right from the website at  www.crispygreen.com/ Or, you can check to see if there is a grocery store near you that sells them by using the website's store locator.

The Crispy Green Snacks come in the following flavors:
  • Crispy Apples
  • Crispy Asian Pears
  • Crispy Bananas
  • Crispy Mangoes
  • Crispy Pineapples
The fruitzO flavors are:
  • fruitziO Apples & Strawberries
  • fruitziO Apricots
  • fruitzO Kiwis
  • fruitziO Peaches
There is Crispy Green Facebook Page and a newsletter that you can subscribe to in order to keep up with any news or offers.  For example, right now, facebook fans can get 10%  off an order, so now is a great time to try the snack that won a prize for being one of  11 Hot Items at the 2011 Winter Fancy Food Show.
signature


I was given a product sample in order to provide an informed blogged review.  I was not compensated for this post and my opinions are genuine.