Tuesday, June 21, 2011

These Hearts - Forever Ended Yesterday - CD Review

My boys are going to be eleven soon. They are definitely branching out, trying new things, especially in regard to music. Their father is a bass player in a band, and they idolize him. Now they are big fans of heavy rock music. Especially tunes that start out catchy, then break into a very loud and gritty sound.

Unfortunately, most of the songs of this genre are contained on CDs that have special warning labels, and require me to politely decline their requests to hear more titles by these artists.

Today, a new CD was released that is exactly this kind of music, but the lyrics are Christian. Now, after my approval, our boys may listen to most of the tracks. The Band is Called THESE HEARTS, and the CD is titled "Forever Ended Yesterday". They are a Christian group, and their faith is their guide - but be warned, it does get LOUD! And there is plenty of screaming. It's kind of hard to make out the lyrics at times, but while there is some angst and teen issues, it's clean screaming. =)

Ten of the eleven tracks are hard rocking tunes. There is one track which is a pretty love song titled Thinking in Terms of Two.

If you'd like to know more about THESE HEARTS, I would suggest visiting their Facebook Page. It has some samples of their music, and some embedded videos. They do have video up on YouTube, but sadly, many of the commenters feel like the anonymity of the internet means it's okay for them to be crude and offensive . You'll find more video on the facebook page, along with tour dates and other information.

The videos are better suited for older teens. My boys didn't watch them.

You may purchase the CD from Amazon . If you prefer mp3 files, You can buy separate mp3 tracks for 99cents, or the entire CD with digital booklet for $7.99. You'll also have a chance to hear some audio samples before you buy.

We were given a pre-release of the CD, and my sons did like the tracks they listened to. They asked if I would put two of them on their iPods.

The band is gaining fans - they have over 10,000 Facebook followers, and plenty of performance dates lined up.

You will find the lyrics to some of the songs on the groups blog page. I found this helpful when deciding which songs my guys might like.

If you like it loud, you just might want to check out These Hearts.
signature

“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”