Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam


skillet bacon jam

this photo is property of skillet street food ©

Bacon.  Yum.  I do like my bacon.  When I was given an opportunity to try Skillet Bacon Jam Spread, it was a happy day.

This is a product created by Chef Josh Henderson.  You can find him in the  skillet street food diners in Seattle, Washington.

Bacon Jam is a smoky mix of bacon, onion, and spices.  They are mixed together, simmered for hours, pureed, blast chilled and then packaged for sale.

Bacon Jam can be used in many different ways.  The website has some recipe ideas if you need help to get started, but I didn't get very fancy.  In fact, my first taste was just dipping right into the container..   I couldn't help myself!   Then I put some on a grilled cheese sandwich, in an attempt to be slightly more civilized.  I really like the bacon and onion flavors with their perfect blend of seasonings.   It's sweet, but it's smoky, and a little bit tangy, too.

Some other suggestions  from the chef - use it on a baked potato, or as the "B" in a  bacon jam, lettuce and tomato sandwich.

Perhaps you'd like it stirred into an omelette, or as the base of a vinaigrette.

Skillet Bacon Jam can be purchased in some specialty food stores in the US and Canada, but if you can't find any, it's easy as pie to purchase online at:  onlinestore.skilletstreetfood.com/

An 11 oz jar is $14.00, and a 3 pack sells for $39.50.

Skillet Street Food and Chef Joshua Henderson have been featured in Time, Bon Appetit, The Wall Street Journal, and Food and Wine Magazine.  Chef Henderson is a StarChef's award winner.   His Bacon Jam is getting great write ups on foodie blogs and it was voted #1 of the Top Ten Hot Products at the Fancy Foods Show last winter.

Here's some more good news!  There will be THREE new flavors of Bacon Jam introduced this Fall.  Follow on Twitter, Facebook, or both, and you won't miss the announcements!

My opinion?  This is good stuff!

signature

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.