Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken Soup For the Soul: Find Your Happiness @ChickenSoupSoul

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Chicken Soup For the Soul:  Find Your Happiness
  • 101 Stories About Finding Your Purpose, Passion, and Joy
  • Written by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark
  • Foreword by Deborah Norville
  • Afterword by Angela Sayers
  • 400 pages
  • 101 Stories
  • Paperback or Digital Edition 
  • Available in Bookstores or Online via Amazon or Barnes and Noble
Chicken Soup For the Soul:  Find Your Happiness

Overall, I am an optimist.  I get so much more accomplished when I believe that I can do the task set before me, or reach the goal I have set.

It is also very important for me to recall my blessings, and to be thankful for all the good things in my life.

Unfortunately, in times like this, with a poor economy, high unemployment, and other external stressors, most people would agree that some positive reminders are more than welcome.

This volume of Chicken Soup For the Soul is just that.  Stories that spark positive thinking and encourage anyone who is looking to reclaim joy, or pursue an ambition.

After reading through these pages, it was hard not to be hopeful, and inspired. The stories are varied.  Some made me smile, others should be accompanied by a tissue alert, but they are all uplifting.

The 101 Stories are divided into ten sections.
  1. Counting My Blessings
  2. Back to Basics
  3. Finding My Passion
  4. Attitude Adjustments
  5. Overcoming Adversity
  6. The Joy of Giving
  7. Finding My Purpose
  8. Simple Pleasures
  9. Making the Best of It
  10. Jumping Off the Hamster Wheel
I recommend this book for anyone who needs a happiness boost, and even for those of us who simply love to hear or read about people who refuse to lay down and give up.


You can find Chicken Soup For the Soul on the web at www.chickensoup.com on Facebook, and on Twitter.  You might also like to sign up for their email newsletter.


I'm very happy to let you know that the good people who publish the Chicken Soup for the Soul books have allowed me to host a giveaway of this title.  One lucky winner will get their own copy.  To be entered, use the RaffleCopter form below.  


{Giveaway Closed}


Good Luck!  Giveaway will end at 11:59 PM on 1/22.  Open to US residents 18 and older, Void where prohibited.  No purchase is necessary to win.













In order to write an informed, blogged opinion, I was given a coy of this book.  I was not paid to write this post and my opinions are genuine.