Monday, April 2, 2012

A New Blog, A Big Party, Teachable Moments, and Autism – All Day Long


Finally, the new blog I have been writing about is live!  It's called Homeschool Mosaics.  It is a collaborative effort, and a labor of love.  I hope you'll check it out.  It's written by homeschooling moms, but it's even more.

Homeschool Mosaics Button

 To celebrate our opening day, we will be hosting a Facebook party.  It begins at 8PM Eastern Time tonight, (April 2nd) and will last until 10 PM.  There will be links to giveaways, freebies, chats with the contributors, and lots of fun.  I hope you can make it!!

Homeschool Mosaics Banner

I will take a moment to be self promoting as well.  My bit of the mosaic is called Teachable Moments.  My first article is here.  This is what my button will look like.  You can read my new articles on the 19th of every month, and you can get to know me better by reading the long version of my bio.
Teachable Moments Button 02

And of course, today is also World Autism Day.  You'll see a lot of "Light it Up Blue", and the internet will be filled with the #autism hashtag.

Obviously, as a mom of boys with Asperger Syndrome, this day is meaningful to us.

Autism Awareness and Understanding

My kids are amazing -and I love them exactly as they are...  but I hate that they have been bullied and taken advantage of.  I wish they hadn't missed out on fun because of anxiety, had that their naiveté had never been exploited, or used against them.  If there is no cure, then I pray there will at least, someday, be understanding love, and acceptance.
signature