Sunday, May 13, 2012

#WlN - Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Magic of Mothers & Daughters @ChickenSoupSoul

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Chicken Soup for the Soul:  The Magic of Mothers & Daughters
  • Released March 13, 2012
  • 384 Pages - 101 Stories
  • Paperback Binding (digital versions also available)
  • Suggested Retail Price $14.95
  • Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark Compilation
  • Available From Amazon, Barnes and Nobel and Popular Book Sellers
  • Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul Website for More Titles
Chicken Soup for the Soul the Magic of Mothers and Daughters

The bond between mothers and daughters can not be denied.  Anyone who has lived the mother - daughter relationship knows there are ebbs and tides.  The ties that bind us can be fragile and wispy or as strong as anchor chain, but we are always connected.  My friends who are close to their mothers talk every day and share every moment - and even my friends who are not still seem to have their mother in the forefront of their minds quite often.

I have no daughters, but I definitely have a mother - and if she isn't thinking about her children, she's thinking about her grandchildren.

Somehow we both survived my teenaged years, when somehow, I was way smarter than she was.  (When I got married and had children, she miraculously became smart again.)  She's always been there, and I have always known I could count on her.

As I read this edition of Chicken Soup for the Soul, I enjoyed the stories, related to quite a few, and even wondered a time or two what it must be like to have a daughter.

The book is broken into ten sections:
  • A Daughter's Love
  • Rites of Passage
  • A Mother's Love
  • The Face in the Mirror
  • Family by Choice
  • Away We Go!
  • Learning From Each Other
  • Healing and SEcond Chances
  • What Goes Around Comes Around
  • Dreams Fulfilled
It is a sweet collection that both moms and daughters will enjoy.

Would you like a chance to win Chicken Soup for the Soul:  The Magic of Mothers and Daughters?  I have been permitted to offer one for giveaway, so one lucky reader will win their own copy. 

To enter, use this Rafflecopter form, but be sure to follow directions so your entries all count.

(Giveaway Closed)

conditions

Good Luck!
signature
I received a copy of this book so that I could write an informed, blogged review.  I was not paid to write this post and my opinions are genuine.