Friday, September 21, 2012

Footminders Orthotics Helped My Foot and Lower Back Pain


 Footminders Orthotics 

  • Available in Three Styles:  Comfort, Casual, and Catwalk
  • Adult Sizes Up to Women's 12 or Men's 13
  • Two Kid's Sizes are Offered for Shoe sizes 11-3.5
  • Purchase Through the Secure Website With Visa, MasterCard or PayPal
  • Visit the Informative Website to Learn About the Causes of Foot Pain
  • Download the Free eBook Guide to Complete Foot Care
  • Free Shipping on Any Order over $50
  • Prices Range from $29.95-$34.95 (Now Sale Priced $21.95- $27.95) per Pair
  • You May Visit the Website at www.footmiders.com, and "Like" Footminders on Facebook
I (along with many other people) suffer from quite a bit of pain in my feet and my lower back.  This is due in part to the fact that I have lupus and fibromyalgia, but also because I have some bad posture habits.

One of my problems is that I have flat feet, and stand in an overly pronated position.  This means that I turn my ankles in to make up for my lack of arch support.  It is estimated that about 70% of the population does this to some degree.

It didn't bother me very much as a young person, but now, it is definitely catching up.  I have chronic inflammation as a matter of daily living, so to aggravate an area further can produce an amazing amount of discomfort!  When I first began to feel the agony of plantar fasciitis pain I couldn't believe it!

The good news is that for many people, using a pair of othotics in our shoes can help.  I could not believe the difference!  I will admit, the first 4 or 5 times I wore them it was a little bit uncomfortable, but I stuck with it.  It took me years to develop this bad posture, and my body is rather used it it!  Thankfully, I did adjust to wearing the shoe inserts, and the payoff has been fantastic.

After a long summer of sandals and flip flops, my feet were barking!  Now, I do feel quite a bit better, and I seem to have stemmed a flare of lower back pain.

Here is what You Need to Know

Footminders

For adults, there are three Footminders styles.  You can see each of them in the photo above.

  • The Comfort style is used in sports shoes, or boots.  These are great for people who are on their feet all day.
  • The Casual style is for dress shoes and more formal styles.  If you spend your day at a desk, you probably are looking for these.
  • The Catwalk orthotics are worn in high heeled shoes.

How Do Footminders Orthotics Work? 


Here is an illustration of something I suffer with.  Plantar Fasciitis Pain.  Without proper arch support, the facia is stretched as you see below.  The support added helps reduce that stretching.


For those with achy knees, note in the illustration below that the bones in the lower legs and feet will sublty move to accommodate over pronation.  It is not something we feel right away, but over time, it becomes quite painful!


The goal is to maintain good posture, from the feet up.  When our feet are properly supported, it is easier for the rest of the body to align.  Much like a building on a solid foundation.


Notice the difference that proper foot and ankle alignment make!

I tried a pair of the Footminders Comfort Style Orthotics

The size and style is clearly marked on the outside of the package.  Once they are out of the bag, it is easy to see which is right and left, and they are also clearly marked.


Because the size I chose can fit those with shoes from 6.5 to 8, and I wear a 6.5 or 7, I had to do some adjusting.  It was very simple.  All I needed was a pair of scissors.  It was as easy as 1,2,3!


First I held it up to my foot, I checked to see how much I would need to trim.  I am not sure if you can see, but in step 2, there are some guidelines to assist with the trimming.  This was very helpful!  I simply cut along the line, and got the proper fit, as you can see below.


I repeated the process with the other orthotic, and now I can put them in all of my tennis shoes, and more utialitarian shoes, like these.  I will probably pick up a pair for my dress shoes, as well.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.