Spontuneous™ - "The Game Where Lyrics Come To Life!"™
- A Fun Family or Party Game for 4-10 Players or Teams
- Suggested for Ages 9 and up
- Winner of Multiple Toy Industry and Parenting Awards
- Recently Featured on the Today Show as a Toy Fair Favorite
- Groups of All Ages Can Play Together
- Suggested Retail Price is $24.99
- Learn More by Visiting the Spontuneous Website
Even Time-to-Play Mag picked the game as one of their Toy Fair Favorites to being onto the Today Show for a segment on fun game night parties.
One of the beautiful things about this game is that it appeals to every generation. Almost everyone enjoys music - and Grandma's favorite 50's tunes can stand toe to toe with my 80's music, my husband's progressive rock, and even my children's favorite bands.
These are the Simple Rules
- One player (The Tunesmith) says a word and the others race against each other and the clock to try and blurt out a 5-word portion of lyrics from any song containing the given Trigger-Word!
- The player who begins singing first, gets to roll the dice and advance around the board! If nobody can sing a song, the Tunesmith must be able to back it up with a song of their own, or else they roll both dice and move backwards.
The best news is -
- As players advance around the board, certain spaces will require them to draw a Spontuneous Card and attempt the crazy challenge! Whoever reaches finish first and completes the final challenge, wins the game!
In fact, that is the fun part! (and also why I haven't included a personal video demonstration of the game!) It doesn't matter of you are off key, as long as you know the words!
Each Spontuneous® Game includes:
- One Playing Board
- 10 Player Pawns,
- 50 Spontuneous® Cards
- A 15 Second Timer
- A Hitlist Tablet,
- 2 Standard Dice
- One Spontuneous® Rules Sheet
- 5 Pencils
Some of our hitlists are shown below.
Of course, you'd probably like to read some winning lyrics, too.
For golden the winner was "I keep on thinkin bout ya, Sister Golden Hair surprise"It isn't quite as easy as it seems. Boy one tossed out brainwashing. That was tough! he was thinking of a new song by Muse. I tweeted it out to Rob R. (the game's inventor) and he easily came up with the George Harrison tune. If Boy One didn't have a song to back up his word choice, he would have had to roll the dice and move BACKWARD that many spaces, so be sure you have a song in mind to go with your trigger words!
Like inspired "That's what I like about you!"
I learned a new song, "Words are clever, hands are better."
I think everyone knows "Blue Moon, you knew just what I was there for"
Speaking of which, you should definitely follow the Twitter and Facebook links that I have posted. It's fun! On Twitter, Rob himself will respond to any trigger words you toss to him (Tweet to @Spontuneous) and there are often impromptu games on the Facebook Wall as well!
But I digress. . . Where was I?
Oh! How to Play! It's not just about knowing the lyrics. That is only the start. There is still the board to navigate and the object is to get from the start to the finish.
The first person to call out the lyrics gets to roll the dice and move their pawn - but beware. landing on a Clef note will earn you one of these cards. Some are great, others will really set you back, as you can see.
The game is a lot of fun - and because of the luck factors involved, everyone has a chance to win as long as they know a little bit of music.
Here is some great news! I have been given the opportunity to host a giveaway so that one of my readers can win their own copy Spontuneous! If you would like to take some chances to win, use the form below and follow the directions for whichever methods appeal to you.
a Rafflecopter giveaway