Ring the Bell - a Faith Based Film
- Starring Ryan Scharoun, Ashley Anderson McCarthy, and Casey Bond
- Featuring Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Matthew West
- Special Appearances From Ben Zobrist, John Kruk and Rick Sutcliffe
- Produced by Mark Miller, the Founder of Beach Street Records and Singer for Sawyer Brown
- Written by Mark Miller and Thomas Weber, Directed by Thomas Weber
- Single Disc DVD - Rated PG - Christian Film - Family Friendly
- Will be Released April 9th, 2013 by Arc Entertainment (A Division of Provident Films)
- 91 Minutes (Feature) Plus Bonus Features - English Language
- Visit the Website, The Facebook Page or the YouTube Channel
- Suggested Retail Price $19.99 (Will Vary)
The story centers around Rob Decker, a sports agent who thinks that he has everything he could ever hope for. He has a big bank account, a fancy car, and a lot of clout in his field. When he finds out that there is a high school baseball player who still hasn't shown any interest in the major leagues he feels compelled to get this kid to sign on as a client.
His quest leads him to a very small town. His first reaction is that he is going to have to suffer through this ordeal in order to sign this young man who is sure to be the next big thing. Before the film is over, this little town allows him to examine his heart and and reconsider his priorities. What really surprises him is the amazing faith that some of the townspeople have. Rob becomes torn between his high paced city life and the quiet calm and peace in Middletown. It is a sweet and simple story of redemption.
This is an easy choice for a family movie night. It is rated PG for some mild thematic elements but there is nothing that will send you diving for the remote or covering the children's eyes. The characters are likable - the acting and the story-line are fairly consistent with this genre of film.
The DVD includes some special features:
In the bonus features you will see more of those faces that we know and love. There is also a discussion guide included.
I have been given the opportunity to host a giveaway for a copy of this DVD, so one lucky reader will win a copy. Use the form below if you would like to try your luck.
a Rafflecopter giveaway