- Dr. Rebecca Landa, Mary Beth Mardsen, Nancy Burrows, and Amy Newmark
- Released April 2nd, 2013, English Language, Paperback Volume, 400 pages
- 101 Reader Submitted Stories, Introduction by Dr. Landa, Afterword by Ms. Marsden
- A Journey Through Raising Kids on the Spectrum from Diagnoses to Leaving the Nest
- Educational, Inspiring, and Encouraging - Portable Support and Understanding
- Available Through Amazon, Amazon.ca, Barnes and Noble Online and Other Booksellers
- Suggested Retail Price - $14.95 (Will Vary According to Retailer) Visit Chicken Soup for the Soul on the Web, Facebook, or Twitter
As time passes by, days are filled with appointments, supplements, sensory breaks, and special routines. Invitations are declined because we know our kids cannot handle certain situations, or we cannot find anyone to stay with them. This can be a lonely time.
Our tweens and teens are often naive, immature, and socially awkward compared to their peers, and as they grow up we worry and wonder how our kids will transition into adulthood.
The good news is that there is joy, laughter, and many gifts along the way. My children have taught me so much and their accomplishments humble me. My boys are amazing, talented, and brave. (super smart and funny, too!)
This book is filled with 101 stories that other autism families have shared. It is like a portable dose of encouragement on hand whenever I need it. There is also a glossary of terms in the back to help decipher the medical terminology.
Here are the chapters that are included:
- The "A" Word
- The Amazing Brain
- Friends and Strangers
- Finding the Funny
- All in the Family
- Hope and Expectations
I have been given the opportunity to offer a copy of the book for giveaway, so I have set up a Rafflecopter form for entries. Please be sure to follow the instructions.
a Rafflecopter giveaway