If you watch Good Morning America you will recognize Tory Johnson from the Deals and Steals segment. If you have been watching Tory Johnson for the past 20 months you could not have missed her dramatic weight loss. In her new book, The Shift Tory tells her story. As the subtitle implies, there is much more to her story than a diet. She went through some important transformations and is now living not only a healthier, but also a happier life.
Tory is super successful, and a very smart businesswoman, and she is also a fellow mother of twins. Despite her personal success food has always had a hold on her and she has struggled with her weight. That has all changed now.
I will be honest. I don't have a copy and I have not read the book. I get the impression that Tory talks about changes within that helped her to change her eating and exercise habits.
I am told that she does get very honest and discusses some intimate details about her life but for the most part the advice is smart and not new age/spiritual.
(Now that the book is in stores you can easily find reviews from people who do own a copy.)
To celebrate the book launch (it just hit shelves on September tenth) Tory is doing some events in major US cities. She will begin here in NY on September 23rd, then travel to Dallas, Boston, Chicago, DC, and Boston in October and November.
Event attendees will receive a "Shift Kit" like the one pictured below.
These boxes are filled with healthy snacks and pampering items. The contents are worth over one hundred dollars, and there are some lovely treats to enjoy.
I was sent a box so that I could tell my readers about it. I hadn't seen a photo and had no idea what to expect. What a wonderful surprise I had when I opened it and saw all of these wonderful gifts!
The contents of my Shift Kit include:
- A bag of Angie's Popcorn -Simply delicious! It is made with corn, sunflower oil and sea salt.
- A Colonial Candle in a tin. A sensory indulgence is better than a high calorie one! Mine is a Cucumber Fresca scent
- Crest 3D White Toothpaste for a dazzling smile.
- A packet of EBoost. This is a natural supplement to increase energy focus, mood, and taken in water, it provides hydration, too.
- An Emi-Jay hand-made hair tie that keeps my hair smooth (no hair bumps!) and doubles as a cute bracelet.
- A bag of Food Should Taste Good whole grain tortilla chips. These are all natural and gluten free.
- The Glee Gum is sugar free - sweetened with xylitol
- Go Smile is a tooth whitening pen that is easy to use and purse sized, making it portable.
- GoSwype microfiber cleaning cloths keep phones and tablets clean without scratching the surfaces.
- Hail Merry macaroons are so good and they are also gluten free and vegan.
- The piece of paper has an access code to the Healthy Cooking Amp. This is an online program that will help the user with great ideas for healthy eating and snacking.
- The KIND bar has only 5g of sugar and tastes great!
- There is a package of LifeTherapy note cards good for jotting down thoughts or sending off to friends.
- I found a beautiful Lulu Dharma handmade leather and silver bracelet in the small organza bag.
- The red and white notebook is created by May Designs. It fits right in my purse, and it is made to "break in" with use.
- Also included was a RuMe machine washable shopping bag. (it is folded up in the photo - but it is the gray thing up top) Made of durable polyester it will hold up to 50 pounds and has nice wide and comfortable straps.
- Somersault Snacks are made with sunflower seeds. My crunchy nuggets were flavored with sea salt and were only 150 calories with 6 grams of protein.
- SweetRiot has a perfect way to satisfy i chocolate craving. These "peaces" of cacao are covered in premium dark chocolate. Each little bit is only one calorie.
- Finally, there is a Zipcicles ice pop mold to make healthy frozen treats.
If you continue looking around the website you will find the link to buy the book, sign up to attend an event, read some blog posts, subscribe for weekly emails, and more.
I'm happy to have the opportunity to offer a Shift Kit for giveaway. One reader will win a kit similar to the one I have just described. To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Follow the instructions for each entry, and good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway