Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cooking With Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil @PompeianOils


pompeian_banner
Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Made With Fine Mediterranean Olives
  • Cold Pressed (and Derived From the First Pressing)
  • Rich, Robust Flavor and a Full Fragrance
  • Strictly Monitored for Quality and Purity
  • Available in Most Grocery Stores
  • Find Pompeian on the Web at www.pompeian.com 
  • Social Media Fans can Find Pompeian on Facebook, on Pinterest, and on Twitter (@PompeianOils)
Pompeian EVO
There is a battle of the wills about food in my house.  I love to cook and try new recipes but my children do not like to try new things.  They prefer plain meat and potatoes, and I like to try that crazy looking thing in the produce aisle, and recipes I see in gourmet cooking magazines.

In the interest of seeing my growing boys survive and prosper (and not watch my grocery budget go to waste) I stick with the more simple entrees and wait eagerly to be invited to parties so I can whip up more exciting dishes.

Of course, even simple doesn't have to be drab.  One thing I have learned about cooking is that the right oils and spices can turn even the most basic dinner into a delight.  A plain piece of chicken and some potatoes may sound boring, but when I add an olive oil rub and some fresh ground pepper to the meat and an olive oil/spice drizzle to cubed potatoes everyone digs in and there are no leftovers!

The right preparation is what makes the difference, and I would be lost without good olive oil - that's for sure!  So, when I was invited to try Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil I was definitely happy to say yes, please!

I use EVOO in so many things - like this pesto.  Fresh basil, some nice garlic, Parmesan, and robust olive oil combine to make a pesto that is great for pasta, sandwiches or warm bread.  The recipe is below the photo.

Pompeian EVO
1 cup of tightly packed and coarsely chopped basil leaves
11/2 cloves of chopped garlic
1/3 cup of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Combine the basil and the garlic in bowl of a food processor and use the pulse setting several times until the basil is finely chopped. While the processor is still running add the olive oil through feed tube and continue processing until blended. Transfer the pesto to a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan cheese.  Finally, season with salt and pepper.

Double the recipe and freeze some for later!

Pompeian EVO
Good Olive Oil is also an essential to a good Bruschetta.  Whether you prefer it chunky or spreadable, it needs a good oil.  This one is made with sun dried tomatoes and came out quite well when I used Pompeian products.

One of my staple uses of Olive Oil is to combine it with oil and spices to use as a dressing.

Pompeian EVO
I put this on salads, sandwich bread, and as a drizzle on these Caprese Kabobs - one of my new favorite appetizers to make.

kabobs
Don't they look good?  Just stack a cherry or a plum tomato, a piece of fresh mozzarella, a fresh picked basil leaf, and an olive on top.  Add the drizzle just before serving.

Of course, there is one thing my guys will ALWAYS eat, and that is pizza.  They could eat it every day!  Pompeian helps to make a perfect sauce and a fantastic pizza.

Pompeian EVO
Check out the website to see all of the fantastic Pompeian products, delicious recipe ideas, coupon offers, nutritional information, and more.

Thanks to Smiley360 for the opportunity to take part in this promotion.

signature
disclosure