Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Parents and Students Love the Mark My Time Digital Bookmark @Mark_My_Time


Mark my time Logo
The Mark my Time Digital Timer and Bookmark
  • A Slim Bookmark With a Digital Clock and Timer
  • Use as a Countdown Timer With Alarm or a Cumulative Timer Counting Up
  • The Battery is Replaceable and Set in a Secure Compartment Closed With a Screw
  • Bookmarks are $8.95 Each - Bulk Pricing is Also Available
  • Learn More and See the Full Product Line at www.mark-my-time.com 
Is your child required to log reading hours?   When my boys were in public school they had Drop Everything and Read time each day and were also required to read at home and do short book reports.

When I was young I would spend hours lost in a good book.  Unfortunately this meant I would often "forget" to do the other things I was supposed to do because I couldn't put my book down.

There are other children who don't enjoy reading.  When their parents finally get them to sit down to do their reading the child might ask every few minutes if they have filled their time.

Between these two extremes there are the students who are happy to meet their reading obligation but would like an effective way to keep track of their time.

The Mark my Time Digital Bookmark is a very clever idea that suits the needs of the child in each of these situations.
Mark my Time Book Marks
The bookmarks are slim and made of sturdy polyethylene plastic so they don't bend or flop.  The basic design is pictured above and comes in Neon Blue, Neon Purple, Neon Green, Bright Pink, Bright Yellow, or Bright Red.

When the bookmark is taken out of the packaging there is a pull tab that has to be removed from the back.  this will activate the battery.  Then the user can set the time by holding down the Mode button until the numbers flash.  Set to the correct time by using the hour and minute buttons.

If your child is looking to fulfill a certain time requirement, use the counting up/cumulative option.  Press the mode button until the upward arrow is seen.  ( ^ )

The first minute will look like the photo below as sixty seconds count up.  (SE:01, SE:02, SE:03 . . .)

Mark My Time Digital BookmarkAfter the first minute is logged the minutes will count upward until the reader pushes the stop button.  Allow the minutes to accumulate or reset to zero by pushing the hour and minute keys simultaneously.

Mark My Time Digital Bookmark
A user can log up to one hundred hours in the counting up mode.

Another option is to count down.  This is perfect for the child who loves to read but also has to do homework, wash dishes, go to sleep, etc.  Set the permitted number of reading minutes and when the alarm sounds the student has to put the book down until the tasks are completed.

Mark My Time Digital Bookmark
To use this function press the mode button until the downward arrow is visible on the display.  Using the hour and minute keys plug in the allotted time.  The last minute will count down in seconds so it will appear as  SE:59, SE:58, SE:57 etc.  When the time is up an alarm will beep for sixty seconds or until the stop button is pushed.

This is also helpful for a student who has to do math drills and kids who need to practice a skill or a musical instrument for an allotted time each day.

There are more Mark My Time products available - like these bookmarks with reading lights and one with a metronome, too.

Mark my Time Product Line
Bulk packaging for teachers or party favors is available and replacement batteries for the timer, booklights, and metronome can also be purchased through the website.

Parents and students enjoy the ability to accurately track required reading times and all of the other great features the Mark my Time products provide.

Happy reading!
signature
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.