Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bandelettes - Beautiful Lace Bands Protect Thighs From Chafing @FreollaLLC

Bandelettes Logo
Bandelettes - Pretty Lace Bands Protect Thighs From Chafing
  • Beautiful Lace Bands With No-Slip Silicone to Hold Them in Place 
  • Available in Black, White, Beige, Red, and Caramel Colors
  • Available in Several Sizes According to Thigh Measurement
  • Protect the Skin on Inner Thighs Comfortably
  • Hand Wash to Wear Them Over and Over Again
  • Usual Retail Price is $14.99 per Pair, Some are Currently on Sale for $10.99
  • Gift Certificates are Available
  • Browse the Website for More Information and to Order
  • Bandelettes are on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter (@FreollaLLC)
Before I had my boys I used to wear a lot of sundresses.  I lived in Southern California at the time and cute dresses and skirts worked all year long.  Then I became a full time mom, and I spent a lot of time down on the floor with them.  It was far more practical to wear pants.

Soon the twins were walking so I spent my days chasing, climbing, running, and all other manner of boy things.  The dresses made their way to the corner of the closet.  

By the time I was able to think about dresses as a regular part of my wardrobe again quite a few years had passed.  I was about ten pounds heavier, and we had moved to New York where warm weather is paired with humidity.

I put on a cute dress one hot and humid day and before long thought I might lose my mind.  I could feel my thigh skin touching and it was not a good feeling at all.  Besides being uncomfortable it was like an all day reminder that I had gained weight.

I used some powder but in that kind of heat it is a temporary fix at best.  Although shapewear comes in shorts styles but heat and compression are an ugly combination!  That left hosiery - which is always unpleasant - but doubly so in the summer.  Sadly, the dresses went back to the far corners of the closet.  I am way too sensory to be dealing with that all day!

Then last month I got to try a pair of Bandelettes.  The ladies who thought these up are brilliant.  Seriously, I could kiss them!  It is such a simple idea and the thigh bands are super comfortable.  I put them on easily and the no-slip strips of silicone kept them in place all day without any rolling, slipping, or bunching.  I barely thought about them (or the size of my thighs) while they were on.

Another nice thing about Bandelettes is that they are pretty, so they make me feel pretty when I wear them.  (Disclaimer - these gorgeous legs are not mine - these are photos taken from the Badelettes website)

BandalettesCollage.jpg
Most of the items I have to help me hold a little up here, or suck a little in there are not terribly attractive.  They get the job done and pull an outfit together nicely but they are not comfortable, and not the least bit glamorous.  Bandelettes are light, lacy, and a little bit sexy.

They are so cute that some girls are even wearing them as an accessory.  They let a little bit of their Bandelettes peek out from under their shorts or a skirt.  I'm a little bit old for that, and not quite as adventurous, but I will be using these so I can wear cute sundresses again.

Bandelettes come in several sizes based on the circumference of the thigh.    The smallest size is for a thigh of 21-22 inches and the largest will fit 31-32 inches.  They are six inches wide and have one flat seam.

The packaging is similar to the kind used for hosiery.  A clear cellophane wrap and one of the bands over a piece of white posterboard.  You can see the pretty lace design, the width, and the way that the silicone holds the band in place.

bandelettes
The links for the website and social media are all found in the bullet points above.  The bands can be washed and worn over and over.  I put them in a cold wash in a lingerie bag - but the recommendation is to handwash and air dry.

There is currently a sale on stock of Badelettes that are five and a half inches wide (opposed to the current style that is six inches wide) These are only $10 a pair while supplies last.

I love mine and I am definitely picking up a pair in white and a pair of beige before the summer gets here!

signature
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.