The Lone Ranger Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
- Starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer
- Also Featuring Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, and Helena Bonham Carter
- Produced abd Directed by Gore Verbinski
- English Language with English, French, and Spanish Subtitles Available
- Dubbed in Both French and Spanish
- Two Discs Plus a Digital Copy Code
- Rated: PG-13 For Intense Action, Violence and Some Suggestive Material
- A Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Production
- Release Date: December 17, 2013
- Run Time: 149 minutes
- $39.99 for the Combo Pack, $29.99 for the Single Disc DVD (suggested prices, will vary)
One thing to know before watching the movie. This is NOT the Lone Ranger that your father loved and adored. This is a brand new full color version and aside from the mask, the horse, the bullets, and Tonto - you will not find very much in common with the original. This is a modern action film with plenty of CGI, women, and some comedic dialogue, too.
I thought the movie was fun, and definitely action packed. Probably not one for the ages, but it was definitely entertaining. It was what I expected, and a good choice for a home movie night.
The synopsis from the back of the case reads:
Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer star in The Lone Ranger, from Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. It’s a wild ride of high velocity action, explosions and gunfights that brings the famed masked legend to life through brand-new eyes. The Lone Ranger (Hammer), the last of his kind, teams with Tonto (Depp), a dark and mysterious vigilante, to seek vengeance after justice has failed them. It’s a runaway train of epic surprises, as these two unlikely heroes must learn to work together before the ultimate showdown between good and evil explodes.There is extra bonus content which includes a blooper reel, a deleted scene, and these short features.
Riding The Rails Of The Lone Ranger is a ten and a half minute segment where we see how the stretch of track and some of the rail cars were made. It is pretty interesting!
Armies’s Western Road Trip is a tour of some of the special scenic locations that are seen on screen. Your guide is Armie Hammer!
Becoming A Cowboy is just what the title suggests. The cast had to become their characters and that took place in an old west boot camp. We get a peek at what it was like to take a crash course in cowboy!
Enjoy the show!