Monday, March 31, 2014

The SPORT Cane by @Sabi_Brand - Light, Comfortable, and Durable Support

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. Sabi Omhu Canes
The Sabi SPORT Cane
  • The lightest of the Roam collection weighs less than one pound
  • Available in Small, Medium, Large or Custom Sizes 
  • Choose from Purple Rain, Twilight Blue, Sage Green, or True Coral color
  • This cane will support up to 250 lbs of weight 
  • Features a rubber-dipped, ultra-comfortable handle with a smooth, secure grip 
  • The aluminum shaft is a stable and durable single-piece design
  • The tip is designed to allow easy-pivoting and absorb shock
  • Suggested Price is $34.99  (ad $15 for custom sizing)
  • Visit the Sabi Website: http://www.sabi.com and see their full wellness product collection
  • Sabi is also on Facebook and on Twitter as @sabi_brand
  • Purchase this SPORT cane from the Sabi website  or you use the Amazon webstore
Sabi sport Cane
Unfortunately, there are times in my life when I need to walk with a cane.  The one I used to use is rather ugly.  It does what it is supposed to, but it is not very attractive at all.  Now that I have tried a Sabi brand SPORT cane I can ditch the old one.  Not only is the Sabi Sport attractive - it is also super light, very sturdy, and it has a great tip that keeps it from slipping and sliding.

Here is a close up of the handle.  This part has been coated with rubber, so it is easy on the hands and does not slip out of my grip.
SPORT Cane by Sabi
There is also a strong, shock absorbent tip which works well indoors and out.  The design concept was inspired by and first created for differently-abled athletes.  This is why it works so well on different terrains.

SPORT Cane by Sabi
It is also a very lightweight cane.  The single-piece shaft is made of the same high-strength aluminum that is used in bicycle frames. Each cane is durable and beautifully powder-painted in bright colors.

The manufacturer encourages Sport users to feel comfortable if they are inspired to get out and participate in some exercise while using this model cane.  It handles a variety of terrains quite well.

Here you can see my cane in use*.  You can also see that it is a proper fit for me since my wrist is in its regular resting position just below my hip.You might also notice that the handle is a good size - so when I am standing still I can put my hand up top like you see in the photo and then easily slide it into place to walk. The tip is steady and does not slip on this smooth tile floor and it also worked well on grass, gravel, and pavement.  Because it is so lightweight it is never burdensome.

SPORT Cane by Sabi
(*This is a discontinued color - the new blue is a more bright and modern shade.)

If you or a loved one has the need for a cane, I can comfortably recommend the Sabi Sport.  To insure your proper fit, use this chart as a guideline.

Sabi Cane Sizing chart
If you are shorter or taller than these standard sizes, you can still order a Sport can through the Sabi website.  (The custom sizing incurs a fifteen dollar charge.)

You can also find other cane styles, accessories, and other health and wellness related items.
signature
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.