The Boxcar Children Collector's Edition DVD
- Animated DVD Featuring the Voices of Martin Sheen, JK Simmons, Joey King, Jadon Sand, Zachary Gordon
- Based on Gertrude Chandler Warner's Beloved Children's Classics
- Released by Phase 4 Films, Directed by Dan Chuba and Mark A.Z. Dippe
- Full Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC - Closed Captioning Available
- Region One, Single Disc, English and French Language
- Rated: G - Suitable For All Ages and a Five Dove Rating From the Dove Foundation
- Pre-Order Now From Wal-Mart - In Stores August 19, 2014
- Movie Run Time 81 Minutes, Plus Special Bonus Features
- Special Features Include Downloadable Content and Printable Activities
- Visit the website: www.boxcarchildren.com
- There is also a Facebook Page and a Twitter Account (@BoxcarChildren)
The Boxcar Children are four orphaned siblings who are on the run. Driven by a fear that they will be forced to live with their grandfather they gather up a few possessions and take off into the night. Never having met the grandfather, they believe that he is old and evil and that life with him would be terrible.
After only a few days they come upon an abandoned boxcar in a beautiful secluded area of the woods. It is a perfect place for Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Ben to call their own. Once it is fixed up, the boxcar is cozy and perfect - at least for the summer. When the weather grows colder little Violet gets sick, and the children are forced to seek help from a new friend. Their lives change forever after this as they are united with their grandfather.
This is a sweet movie for little ones, probably up to about age 8. It shows siblings working together, loving each other, and protecting each other. A an added benefit children will see self sufficient young people taking care of all of their own needs. It could be helpful in motivating boys and girls to do more chores and participate in housekeeping.
The movie could probably have been animated better - it is not as fluid as most modern movies. Since the story is set during a time when a quarter would buy three loaves of bakery bread the vintage feel is more forgivable.
There are quite a few special features including a children's eBook with three stories, a downloadable Boxcar Children Guide to Adventure, a town map, the official soundtrack, an activity kit, a featurette about the author, a museum featurette, and a gallery of still shots from the movie.
If you would like to participate in the giveaway for a copy of this DVD, please use the form below. This giveaway is made possible by Propeller, and while you may enter as many giveaways as you would like, they enforce a one winner per household rule.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”