Tuesday, October 7, 2014

#Uncorked Ventures Offers Great Wine Gifts and Subscription Club Options @WineClubGuy

Uncorked Ventures 2
Uncorked Ventures Wine Subscription Clubs
  • A Family Owned and Operated Business Located Just Outside of San Francisco
  • Wines are Sourced from California, Oregon, and Washington State
  • Visit the Wine Club Web Page and See the Different Clubs Available
  • No Middle Men or Distributors - This Family Has a Relationship With the Vineyards
  • Featured Wines are Rated at 90 Points or Above by Serious Wine Critics
  • Different Price Ranges and Selection Choices Available
  • Ships Directly to Your Door (Where Allowed by Law) 
  • Members Receive a 15% Discount on Club Reorders
  • Insiders Also Have First Access to Special Selections and Last Call Wines
  • Visit the Website at www.uncorkedventures.com
  • Connect Socially on Facebook and on Twitter   (@WineClubGuy)
There are several reasons that I love wine clubs.  Most of all I enjoy the opportunity to try new selections that I may never find on my own.  It is also very convenient to have FedEx come to the door with a carefully packaged box that only requires my signature.  Another benefit is that each bottle comes with a full description so that I know what to expect and how it will best be served.

Uncorked Ventures includes all of these great features and heaps on some extra goodness.  This family makes each selection personal.  After going out and getting to know the wine makers, vineyard owners and grape farmers, they share information about the origins of the wines in each shipment as well as a detailed description of the wine. 

When I made my choice to try The Explorations Wine Club, I learned that this $40 subscription would include two bottles of wine - one red and one white.  An order would also earn me access to discounts on re-orders , a monthly newsletter to help me become more wine savvy, 10% off future purchases from the Uncorked Ventures online store, and the ability to purchase their last call wines before non-subscribers.

There is also an option to choose the interval of deliveries.  A one time purchase is an option, but so are quarterly, every six month, every month, every three months, etc.  it is really up to the buyer, and there are many choices.

My delivery included these two bottles: 

UncorkedVentures2.jpg
The white is a 2013 Sola Chardonnay and the red is a 2010 Mercy Pinot Noir.  Both were very good, and thanks to the full page descriptions, it was easy to use them for just the right occasion.

The Chardonnay was described as rich with an initial impression of floral and apple that finished with a lightly toasted almond and slightly creamy citrus finish.  My palette is not quite as refined - but it was a perfect pairing with salad and wraps on a warm afternoon.  The average retail value for this bottle is about $20.

The red came with a lot of information about the Mercy vineyards which I found very interesting.  This is a higher value bottle which has an average retail price of $35-$45.  It is moderately bodied wine, which gives a first impression of dark, sweet fruit but ends slightly tart.

The combination of these two selections was a pleasure tastefully speaking, and the removal of the middle men allows Uncorked Ventures to pass on some savings, too.

UncorkedVentures.jpg
For the more serious wine aficionado there is the Special Selections Club or the Reserve Collections Club.  These clubs offer more expensive wines and come with a higher price tag.You can see the details for each of these by visiting the website which I have linked to in the bullet points above.

Uncorked Ventures subscriptions make a wonderful gift or a fantastic way to treat yourself to something special.  I was quite pleased with the choices that the company made as well as the quick and careful shipping.  There is also a safeguard in place.  An adult must be at home to sign for the delivery when it arrives.

I already know who will be getting a package from Uncorked Ventures from me this Christmas.  Do keep them in mind when you are making your lists and checking them twice!

Cheers!
signature

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.