Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas in Canada
101 Stories About the Joy and Wonder of the Holidays
- A Short Story Compilation by Amy Newmark and Janet Matthews
- Released by Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing (10/14/14)
- Introduction by Janet Matthews - Writer and Ontario Resident
- English Language - Paperback Binding- 404 Pages
- Electronic Reader Versions are Also Available
- Pick Up a Copy at Leading Booksellers Including Amazon and Barnes and Noble
- Publisher's Suggested Price - $14.95 (Will Vary)
- Find Chicken Soup For the Soul's website at www.chickensoup.com
- Chicken Soup is Also on Facebook, and Twitter (@ChickenSoupSoul)
I absolutely love Canada. I live in New York and used to love to take long weekend trips to Montreal, or go with friends on road trips to see hockey games in Toronto or Ottawa. I do have some Quebecois heritage on my mother's side which also helps me to feel a sense of belonging when I am north of our US border.
While Christmas is not that much different in Canada than it is in the United States, these stories of traditions, charity, homecomings, and happiness will help put you in the Christmas spirit for sure!
As is the usual format, there are 101 short stories divided into ten chapters. The Introduction by Janet Matthews describes Canadian living and foreshadows some of her favorite selections.
Here are the ten chapter titles.
- The Spirit of Christmas
- Holiday Celebrations and Traditions
- Holiday Memories
- O Christmas Tree!
- The Santa Files
- A Winter Wonderland
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Angels in Our Midst
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- The Spirit of Giving
The closing pages have some short blurbs about the contributors and there are author pages as well. A few pages from the publisher, including information about how to submit your own stories or contact the company close the book.
As always, I do have a copy to give away. Since I have been having problems with Rafflecopter, I am going to try Giveaway Tools for the first time. Feel free to tell me if you like it or dislike it in your comments!