Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The @DoggieLawn Disposable Dog Potty is Real Grass For Indoor Use - #DoggieLawnPlus

DoggieLawnPlus.jpg
Doggie Lawn - A Mini Backyard in a Box
  • A fully disposable grass patch for your pet's play or potty.
  • Available in small and large sizes to accommodate your pet.
  • Made with REAL grass , but half of the dirt, and no bugs!
  • Perfect for new puppies and senior dogs as well as apartment dwellers.
  • Easy to set up and easy to dispose of.
  • Prices vary by size and frequency of deliveries.
  • Monthly or bi-monthly subscriptions are available.
  • Learn more by visiting the website www.doggielawn.com
  • Connect on social media using Facebook (Doggie Lawn) or Twitter (@DoggieLawn)
I have a cat who loves grass.  I always buy her little cartons of it at the store, but they wilt within a few days and look like this.  

Cat eating grass
The roots of this type of cat grass also are covered in mold, which makes my stomach turn a little it when I think about it, but she loves it so much, and it is good for her, too.

When I heard about Doggie Lawns, I just knew my little girl would love to have her own patch of fresh green grass, and I was right!  Although it is not the manufacturer's original intention for the product, a Doggie Lawn is a wonderful treat for indoor pets like cats, rabbits or guinea pigs who would enjoy munching on or playing in fresh greens.

The set up of a Doggie Lawn is super easy.  I received the larger version, the Doggie Lawn Plus which measures 24.75 x2 1 inches.  It came via Fed-Ex and was delivered to my door in two pieces.  The tray bed (ordered one time) and the box with the grass.  The grass came rolled in protective plastic and this is ordered monthly or bi-monthly according to your needs.

All I had to do was take the rolled sod and put it into the bed.  It was pre-cut to be just the right size, so my cats were able to enjoy it right away.

DoggieLawnSetUp.jpg
Once the setup was complete, my little grass lover came down to investigate immediately.  She was probably attracted by the smell, as it does have an outdoorsy smell when it is freshly unpacked.  you can see her progression from first tentative sniffs to true affection in this short video.



Kitty mostly loves to just eat the grass, but she will occasionally lay in it, too.  It took a little while for her to get accustomed to the feeling of cool grass on her paw pads.  Luckily, neither her or my male cat decided to use it for digging or as a new littler box.  While it works great as a dog potty, my cats tend to go to town with their litter and get it everywhere.

We have had the Doggie Lawn for  almost a month and the grass is still in good shape.  It is a little brown around the edges, but the center is green and lush.  I put it outside to get some sun and rain to keep it nice, and look what this silly girl does while it is out on the deck.

DoggieLawnPlus
She likes to keep an eye on it to make sure it is safe and sound, and can't wait for me to bring it back inside!

The Doggie Lawn gets all paws up from our house.
signature
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.