- A Movie Based on a Dramatic True Story
- Starring Emmanuelle Vaugher, Burgess Jenkins, Andrea Powell, and Megan Blake
- Green Apple Studios/Stone's Throw Films
- Released August 26th, 2014
- Available for Purchase from the Susie's Hope Webstore for $24.99
- You will Also Find the Book, and Children's Books on the website
- Visit www.susieshope.com to Lean the Story and Support the Non-Profit Organization
- The Site Also Has Educational Information, Photos, Video, and Contact Information
- Find Susie's Hope on Facebook and on Twitter (@Susies_Hope
- There is Also a Susie's Hope Instagram Account and a YouTube Channel
Unfortunately, one day something spooked the dog and it ravaged Donna. she was lucky to live through the attack and she required hospitalization and rehab. Given these circumstances it could only be providential that she was the person to rescue Susie.
Susie is a pitbull who was so badly abused that upon first glance she appeared dead. She had been severely beaten and then set on fire. I don't believe it was a coincidence that Donna is the one who found her as she was near death and brought her in for extensive and costly veterinary care. The first thing I thought of when I learned their story was this verse:
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
This movie tells the story of how these two helped to heal each other, and it also shows the amazing love and support of the community who rallied behind Susie. Their efforts helped bring about North Carolina's "Susie's Law" that protects animals form the type of inhumane abuse that Susie suffered.
It is heartbreaking, heartwarming, and inspirational. It is also has the Dove seal of approval for people over 12 years old.
It is also a pleasure to share the news that Susie has made quite a name for herself. She is the American Human Association's 2014 Hero Dog.
I know a lot of you were probably moved by the trailer and would like to own a copy of the DVD. One of you will have the chance to win it, and it is for sale via the website and other media retail locations. To try your luck at winning this copy, use the form below and follow the steps as instructed. (US residents 18+)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”