Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Easy At Home Pulse Oximeter is Fast, Accurate, and Affordable #EZ50D1

Easy at Home Pulse Oximeter 1The Easy At Home Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Unit
  • Displays Oxygen Saturation and Pulse Rate
  • Can Also Show a Plethysmograph Wave or Bar Graph Pulse Reading
  • Click to Get the Most Useful Digital Reading Orientation
  • Finger Clip Designed to Fit All Sizes
  • Unit Powers Off After 5 Seconds of Inactivity
  • LED Display Brightness is Adjustable for Indoor or Outdoor Use
  • Requires 2 Triple A Batteries (Included)
  • The Oximeter, Case, a Lanyard,, Batteries and User's Manual (as shown above) are Included
  • Available for Purchase via Amazon (Prime Eligible) for $99.95  $39.95
  • Find Easy at Home Products on Facebook or visit the website www.healthcare-manager.com
When my boys were younger they had a terrible time with asthma.  I spent many nights at their bedsides with the nebulizer machine and a stethoscope listening to them wheeze.  As a pediatric RN, I also picked up bedside pulse oximeter.  The unit was expensive, cumbersome, and if they moved, the alarms it set off were loud!

Now the science of oximetry is available to everyone at a reasonable price.  It is also a convenient, lightweight piece of equipment that can be carried anywhere!  The Easy at Home fingertip unit was also perfectly accurate in both pulse rate and sat levels when I did a side by side test with my super expensive hospital grade model.

If you have gotten this far and am not exactly sure what I am talking about, here is a video demonstration of this Easy at Home Fingetip Oximeter.  You will see the box contents, the super easy setup, and how to click to get the reading you want.


These units are a great help for patients with asthma and other respiratory illness like COPD or Emphysema.  it is also a handy tool for rock climbers or other sportsmen who spend time at high altitudes.

Below I have included a collage of photos that will show you how to insert the batteries and what the readings look like.  I was also impressed that I could get a good reading through a dark gel manicure.  I used this while suffering with a sinus infection and bronchitis (so I was satting a little bit lower than the optimum 99%) but the pulse reading correlated well with a stethoscope auscultation and the readings also reflected the same results as the hospital grade unit.

EasyAtHomeOximeter.jpg
This is definitely a blessing to have and the price point is fantastic.  It is so helpful to have so much technology at our own fingetips!  Just be sure to always keep your doctor in the know about your heath conditions, and if you are using this device to monitor an illness, keep a chart of your results and share it with your health care provider.

Finally, a word of caution that I always shared with new nurses when I would train them.  If the patient is in obvious distress, it doesn't matter what the machine says.  Use your common sense and seek help immediately.  The same is true in reverse.  If the machine doesn't pick up a pulse, but the patient is pink, breathing easily, and feeling fine, the problem is more than likely with the sensor.

If you have the need for an oximeter in your home or practice, I am happy to recommend this model.

signature
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.