MIRA 12 Ounce Stainless Steel French Press
- Brews up to 12 ounces of fresh ground coffee or loose tea.
- Stylish polished 18/10 stainless steel design - durable and high-quality.
- Double wall insulation keeps contents hot for up to two hours.
- The ultra-fine mesh filter is also made with stainless steel and it keeps grounds in the pot.
- Dishwasher safe - even the three part steel plunger system.
- Durable construction - transition from Sunday brunch to campfire/outdoor use with ease.
- Available from Amazon and eligible for Prime.
- Manufacturer's suggested price:
$52.99Current Price: $45.00Amazon Price: $29.99
The press itself is quite nice. It is made of durable stainless steel and it has a double wall construction allowing the coffee to stay warm without the pot becoming too hot to touch. If you are not familiar with how to use the French Press, I make an 8 ounce cup of coffee using the MIRA in the video below.
If you are unable to view the video in your reader, here is the quick synopsis. You will need to boil a pot of water and measure out 3-4 Tablespoons of medium ground coffee per each 6 ounces of water. When the water boils, pour some into the press and to your cup to warm them. After about a minute, you will empty the press and dry it. Put the coffee into the warmed press and add a small amount hot water to cover it. Stir and then allow to the grounds to bloom. After 30-45 seconds fill the pot and secure the top. Allow this to stand for 3-4 minutes and then slowly depress the plunger. Keeping the plunger tightly down, turn the lid to the open position and decant the freshly brewed goodness.
You can purchase the MIRA French Press from Amazon. They also offer a l liter size if you want to make a larger pot. Find MITA brands on the web at www.mirabrands.com. They are also on Facebook, on Twitter (MiraBrands), on Pinterest, and on YouTube.