Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Challenge - Day 2

Gratitude Challenge

If you read my blog yesterday, you saw I took the day off from all internet posting.  I lost my internet voice, so to speak.  Today is a new day, and it's a day to be heard.  This day I am grateful to live in the United States of America.  A country founded by brilliant men with amazing insight and unwavering faith in their ideas for a perfect union.  Yes, they argued and fought, and there were compromises - but the end result was brilliant.
All of these years later, I am blessed and lucky to be able to go to a voting booth this morning.  Without fear of repercussion I can vote for the candidates of my choice.  I will leave the polling place and go to church to worship as I choose.  In other countries Bibles are burned and Christians hide in fear.  I can post my personal and political opinions on my blog or facebook.  I will not be censored or arrested.

Yes, I am very grateful to live in this one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all ~ and for all who have fought to protect this land and our sacred freedoms.


See what the other bloggers are grateful for over at Brenda's Blog - and if you'd like, join in and share your thoughts, too.