Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Bliss ~ December 5th


Holiday Bliss

This month, Brenda is hosting a meme at her bog, Homeschool Garden.   This is fun and easy.  each day we're posting something holiday related.  A recipe, a tradition, a photo.. things like that.  So, if you have time, join in, or visit Brenda to see everyone else's contribution.

My mother and I do a lot of cookie baking for Christmas.  This is a tradition passed down from my Grandmother.   I even have a 'Top Secret" recipe book which each of the grandchildren were  given as part of her legacy.   I use a lot of Grandma's recipes.  I also rotate in some new ones of my own each year.  By Christmas Eve we have an assortment that looks like this:

Christmas Cookies



along with two other smaller platters. Everyone takes a box home for their family to enjoy.

Yesterday, the boys and I made these Peppermint Whoopie Pies:

Peppermint Whoopie Pies



They won't be around for Christmas, we made them for tomorrow's guests.  We'll have to make some more in a few weeks.
signature