Thursday, February 17, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

Friday's Fave Five

It's finally Friday. At the end of every week, Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a meme called Friday's Fave Five. This is my first week participating.

My favorite things this week:
  1. The fact that my ten year old sons take their Grandmother out for a date on Valentine's Day. They take this very seriously. It started the first year after my father died. They decided that they would step in. Now it's a tradition.
  2. A few days with bright sunshine, melting snow, and even going out without my winter coat!! There is hope that this winter will end.
  3. Stroopwaffel. My brother is a pilot, and he recently began doing international flights. He was in Amsterdam, and brought back this amazing treat. It is two thin layers of cookie (waffle) with a layer of carmel syrup in between. When placed upon the top of a warm beverage mug, the steam melts the syrup a little bit - and it is fabulous! If I lived in Amsterdam, I would need an intervention. (and a forklift to get around)
  4. A call from my friend in California who recently began homeschooling (with a bit of prodding from me) Hearing about the amazing growth and change in her daughter made me want to cry. I'm so excited for them.
  5. My new Towel Warmer. Especially since our bathroom has two big windows. When we remodeled, I wanted a lot of windows, light, brightness.. but clearly wasn't thinking right by having them put TWO in the bathroom!! The warm towels are a very nice treat. It's a great way to start the day.
You can join Susanne with your Fave Five, too - or just pop over and read some other blogs.

signature