Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friday's Fave Five ~ April 1st

For the past two months, Fridays have meant Friday's Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.   I love, love, love this weekly meme.   Thanks, Susanne!

My Five Favorites this week:
  1. A surprise date with my husband on Saturday Night.  He planned the babysitting, made the reservations, and told me to be ready at 6:30.  We went to a restaurant that  I love, and had a wonderful evening.

  2. Putting my boys to bed at night.  They are at an age now where they are trying hard to be cool, but at bedtime there are still some traces of their sweet innocence left.  I love saying prayers, and reading to them while they smell all clean and sweet from their bath or shower.  they will still let me rub their backs and tuck them in.  They were so cute last night that I wished that life had a pause button.

  3. The mail!  I got two fun surprises in the mail this week.  One from my big brother, and a kitchen item that I had forgotten was on the way.  I can't wait to use it!

  4. My funny cats.  They are total opposites.  I have a big, fat, Calico cat, who likes to sleep, eat, and lay all over people and a little black 10 month old kitten who zips around like lightning.  One is good for lots of affection, and (if you can bear the weight) is a wonderful lap cat.  She is so good with the kids, and takes most things in stride.  The other is kind of skittish with other people, but so playful with my husband and I.  She loves to tag alongside me and get into whatever I'm doing.  She calls out to me to come play fetch, and  likes to sleep in my lap while I type or in my feet when I'm in bed.

  5. Watching my sons help some littler children at the library yesterday.  It's usually empty when we're in there, but they had a special story time for the 4 and 5 year olds that day.  When their session got out, a few of them came to use the computers.  They had no idea what they were doing, and my sweet boys got them all set up and started on the games.
signature