Friday, November 11, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge and Friday's Fave 5 - November 11 #Gratitude

2011 Gratitude Challenge and Friday's Fave 5
Happy Friday!

Today I am counting Blessings with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story who hosts Friday’s Fave Five, and Brenda at Garden of Learning who is hosting this month’s Gratitude Challenge.

1.  At the risk of being obvious, I am thankful today for our veterans.  I'm always thankful for those who serve, and have served before them.  It is something that has been instilled in me.  even so, this is their day.  I am able to homeschool, practice the religion of my choice, express my opinions about politics, and own firearms.  I was able to choose my own husband, my own career and where I live.  I am especially proud of the men in my family who have worn their uniforms proudly.

2.  Today, I did something, it was fairly simple, but I was afraid I was going to have to call in a professional to do it.  Instead, I set my mind to it, and took care of it, and saved our family a few hundred dollars.  Yay!

3.  The first quarter of school is over.  It went fairly painlessly, the grades are turned in, and my paperwork is up to date.

4.  Although they sometimes grumble and complain, when I asked the boys their opinion of this school year so far, they are enjoying what we are studying.  Especially Ancient Rome and Latin.

5.  I wrote about it a few days ago, but one of this week's super highlights was such a simple thing.  Watching from my window as my husband and my boys played a game of trampoline/football. (It's their own invention - and I'm not quite sure of the rules, but they have a lot of fun!)
signature