Friday, December 30, 2011

Fridays Fave Five - 12/30

christmas FFF


Welcome to the last Friday’s Fave Five of 2011!  Thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for hosting.
I have tons of faves, how can I pick just five?  I’ll try..

1.  We had a family vacation in Orlando, FL.  We had a great time, enjoyed the sun, and the attractions, and I got to visit with my brother and his family who were vacationing there as well.  A hundred little blessings fell into place, and it was a wonderful week.

Hotel PoolUniversal Studios Florida

2.  Safe travels brought us home in time for Christmas Eve with family.  The next day I hosted a Christmas dinner which doubled as a birthday party for my mother.

Cousins
Christmas

3.  Mass on Christmas Day, and a reminder of what Christmas is really all about.

nativity snow globecarved nativity

4.  Boys who were fantastic about travelling, and overcame quite a few anxieties in order to have a great time.   They handled Christmas really well,too.  there was a bit of post holiday melt let down, but hey, after all that I had a little of my own decompressing to do, too.

HotelChristmas presents


5.  My husband actually researched cookware, and bought me a lovely set for Christmas.   (Oh, how I would have loved to have seen him discuss the merits of Stainless vs Copper, vs Non-Stick, weights, sizes and brands!)  He was also a very apt navigator as he took us all around new places.  Today is his birthday and our anniversary, too!

weddingReception

Have a wonderful week, and Happy New Year!

signature