Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday’s Fave Five - 3/23

friday-fave-five-spring

Each week on Friday,  I join Susanne who blogs at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five.  The bloggers who link up with her take quick look back at five highlights or blessings from the week before.

Homeschool Mosaics Banner

1.  I have already blogged about this, but I am so happy that myself, and some other great homeschooling bloggers were able to announce our new project, Homeschool Mosaics.  It is a blog about life, and parenting, and it's written by Homeschooling moms, but it is so much more.  The site will go live on April 2nd, and our Facebook page is currently accepting "likes".  (and yes!  We would love as many of those as possible so please click over and like us, and invite your friends, too!)

We are planning an "Opening Night" Facebook party and have over 40 giveaway prizes lined up already. There will also be freebies for anyone who attends. If you'd like to join us, you can get the details here.   There is a great mix of items, and many have nothing to do with homeschooling.  It will be fun for everyone!

This site is a labor of love, and I think it will bless many families.

2.  This week, I am also thrilled to be part of  a homeschooling family.  All week it has been in the 70's and even the 80's!  Because we can make our own schedules, it's easy to find ways to enjoy the gorgeous weather or get out and do something fun in the sun.

Boy with Books

3.  The first day of Spring, and finally some color!   Blossom filled trees and spring bulbs washing away the dead, brown remnants of winter.

crocus

4.  My funny kids.  This is Boy Two's idea of a stunning self portrait.

self portrait

5.  My husband did all of the laundry for me this week.  All of it!  On two separate evenings I came home to the sound of the dryer going.  Yay!

Tide Coldwater 03_thumb

I wish you all a wonderful week.
signature