Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 8



Today I am grateful for nieces.  I am a mother of boys.  I am surrounded by testosterone - but I have four absolutely beautiful nieces.

Today, My niece E. will celebrate her sweet 16th birthday.   She is an absolute delight.  She is smart, talented, funny, and beautiful.  She is an amazing artist.  I love when she comes over to visit, and she is a great cousin to my crazy little boys.

Another one of my nieces also has a birthday today.   I was very lucky to be there when Little Ms F. arrived into this world.   She is a very confident young lady, and is showing the world how first grade ought to be done.  She knows what she wants, and is intelligent enough to figure out how to get it.

I have another niece, A. who's birthday is on Wednesday.  She will be 11.  She is a really cool kid.  She can dress up in her ballet clothes, dance  like a princess, then go home and read her books about bugs and spiders.   She holds her own in a conversation, and knows what she's talking about.

My fourth niece is not  a little girl anymore, but I can still remember J. as a sweet little toddler with the cutest smile and little curls in her hair.  Now she's a sophomore in college.   ( she's NOT having a birthday this week... lol... )  I love to see what an amazing woman she is becoming.  She's smart, strong, and healthy.  She is very close to her parents and her brother and is proud to show it.  She has a great sense of style, she's upbeat, funny, and loyal.

I don't have a daughter of my own, but I am very thankful for these four young ladies in my life.

The Gratitude Challenge is being hosted by Brenda on her blog Garden of Learning. Go visit to join in, or just to see what other things people are grateful for today.