Thursday, March 3, 2011

Friday's Fave Five ~ March 4th, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

It's already Friday again!   Another Friday's Fave Five meme is up and running, thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  This week went by pretty quickly but there was plenty to be grateful for.
  1. The snow is starting to melt.  There is still plenty of it out there, but I am seeing patches of grass for the first time in months.  Hope springs eternal!  The days are getting longer and brighter, and soon, they might even be warmer!  I've been humming Here Comes the Sun for days.

  2. The boys have been doing great with their schoolwork.  They asked me if we could not do school first thing in the mornings.  (This, for me, was a complete, "YES!"  fist-pump moment - I am NOT a morning person!)  They presented their case in a reasonable manner, and I agreed to try it.  It's been a few weeks and they have been rocking their schoolwork!  We're getting all of our goals accomplished way ahead of time, they are more attentive, and we're all happier.  It's a total win-win.  Yey, us!

  3. I got some fun things in the mail this week, and I have a reason to host a party.  I always love to have family and friends over.

  4. Those funny looking toning shoes.  For the past few weeks I was almost convinced I was going to need a total hip replacement.  I was in so much pain!!   My mother talked me into trying those weird looking shoes with the rocker soles.  They have taken so much pressure off of my hips and knees, that I feel like a new woman!  (If I wind up with a fabulously toned butt and thighs, that will be an added bonus!)

  5. I have been making a conscious effort to spend more time actively engaging the boys in FUN stuff.  They had begun to pull away a little, which is good.  They are tweens now, after all - I get that they don't want to have me hovering over them every second... but I kind of missed them.  I have been making time to play with them, and be interested in the things they like.  So, if it's playing a board game, or watching Wheel of Fortune, or joining in their lightsaber duels, I have been more there.  I'm figuring out where I fit, and it's good.
How was your week?  Come share your Fave Five moments, or just read everybody else's.

signature