Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent, Day 12


I was thinking today about how many times my children have heard me say "Make the world a better place because you're in it."  I know I say it at least twice a day, usually more.  I hope that when they are older, they will remember it, and connect the thought to me the way I remember all things my Dad used to say.  I pray that it becomes ingrained in their hearts and minds so that their actions are a reflection of it.

I was thinking of this because I realized that I am taking 40 days to reflect, 40 days to change, 40 days to make myself a better person.  the result, I hope, is that I become better for it.  Then I can do what I implore my children to do each day - Make the world a better place because I'm in it.  I think that will make an even better impression on them.  Sure they'll remember my words, but even more, they'll remember my actions.

Join Trish at a House Upon a Rock for this daily Lenten meme, 40 Days of Seeking Him.
signature