Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lent, Day 16




When I woke up this morning, I had a surprise. My husband had gone out with the boys, allowing me to wake up in leisure, and he wrote me an email which revealed that he secretly planned a date night for us, tonight! He likes to surprise me, still. (which after this many years, is a GOOD thing!)

I am a person who does not believe in the word coincidence.  So I smiled when I found in my Lenten reflection materials this morning, this, which I will directly quote:
God Always Surprises Us!

Let us be open to God's surprising ways with us.
I should look for Divine surprises.   The book Surprise Me - A 30 Day Faith Experiment did a great job teaching me to expect surprises, to anticipate them.

Just like my husband's surprises help me appreciate him, and strengthen our marriage, God's surprises help me appreciate Him, and strengthen our relationship, too.

signature