Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lent, Day 18

I didn't do a Lenten post yesterday.  I was unfortunately experiencing one of my chronic illness/ "bad" days, and couldn't put very coherent thoughts together.  Thankfully, a late night trip to the ER turned things around and it was back to business s usual this morning.

One of the funny things about me is, that when I'm not feeling well, I pretend it isn't happening.  My body is yelling at me.. "Hey!  You!  Pay attention!  Something isn't right!" I ignore it.  Finally, I can't take it any more, and I submit.  I get the medical attention I need.  It was a slow night at the Emergency Room.  I was in and out in less than 2 hours.

I think it's a metaphor of my struggles in life, too.  Sometimes God and I butt heads.  Things start going wrong a little bit at time.  There's a subtle sign here, another one there and before long, it's uncomfortable, but I'm plugging away.   Finally the neon signs are screaming at me, "This is too big for you to handle!!" and I submit.  I turn my worries or my troubles over, and the burden is lifted.  I start to see the right path and the proper course of action.


signature