Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 6/24

fff

Friday's are when I link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five. It's a quick recap of the past week, and it's also my gratitude list.  I love reflecting on life's blessings.  Whether things are going well, or not so well, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

Without further adieu, my fave five:
  1. I promised the boys I'd put this one first..   School's Out for Summer! (Now I'll have Alice Cooper and the Muppets in my brain for hours, but that's okay.  I love the Muppets!)  School runs from September until now in this part of the world.  We follow the district calendar (officially)  Summer is very loosely structured "fun" learning.
  2. As I was putting together the second semester portfolios, I was like, "Wow!  they really learned a lot this year!!"   I hope I remember this next year when I feel like I'm not doing enough!   (Why do I always do that to myself?)
  3. Monday was the end of the school year, but it was also the beginning of a new cruise with The Old Schoolhouse Magazine Review Crew.   I'm "meeting" a lot of great new people and some wonderful new blogs.
  4. I dragged the boys around with me today.  Everywhere.  I usually try to stick to a three stop maximum with them.  They can only do so many transitions before they short circuit.  Today started with Mass, then a doctor's appointment, then I had to have an X-Ray, then I went Back to the doctor, then to have some testing done, then the library, and finally to my mother's house.  We started at 9:15 AM and finished at 8 PM.  We were home for two short breaks, so that helped, but wow!  They were fantastic!  I was so impressed.  They even managed to have two very polite and appropriate conversations with adults in waiting areas!
  5. Father's Day still is a little bit rough on my spirit, but my husband is a good father, and it was nice to celebrate that.

I wish you all a week full of blessings!
signature