Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 9/9

FFF

It's time for another Friday's Fave Five with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

Here are five things from the past week that have made me happy and grateful:

1. Not Back to School Day. We have a tradition now.  On the first day of public school, the boys and I go out and do fun things all day.  (because we can!) It's a special day for all of us. Unfortunately it was pouring rain all day, but we still managed to pack a lot of fun in, despite the weather.

2.  Our First Field Trip.  We went to the Purple Heart Hall of Honor and the museum at the site of  the last encampment of George Washington's colonial army.

3. Legacy.  The Hall of Honor was one of my father's pet projects, and he was very instrumental in the development.  He would have been very pleased with the outcome.

4. Amazing Style.  The boys have much more of a say in what they can wear now.  One of the things they really wanted were some hats.  They chose Fedoras.  They look so cute, I can't even stand it.

5.  Winning the Lottery.   My husband had to go out, and he asked me if I need anything.  I told him I would like World Peace and a Winning Lottery Ticket.  (I can be a little bit snarky sometimes... :) )  He came home with a scratch off ticket that was a ten dollar winner.  What makes this extra special is that we never play the lottery games. I loved the message.  I listen to what you say, even when it's absurd.

I wish you a wonderful week.
signature