Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday's Fave Five 12/09

FFF

Welcome to Friday, when Susanne graciously hosts the weekly Friday’s Fave Five meme.  A time to look back over the past week and remember the highlights.  Here are mine:


1.  Number one is a bad news/good news thing.  On Monday night, my husband's car died.  The timing belt broke, which damaged the valves, and the repair would have been too expensive in comparison to the worth of the car.   That was the bad news.  The good news was, I didn't feel very stressed about it.  I had a feeling it was going to be fine.  So far, it has been.  We found a car in less than 2 hours, and drove it home the next afternoon.  It wasn't what we hoped for a few weeks before Christmas, and the down payment would have been more fun to spend on other things, but it was nice to see every thing fall into place just so.  


Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." (Matt. 10:27-31).


2.  I am not feeling any holiday stress.  Just holiday happy.


3.  It was supposed to snow yesterday, but it didn't.  (Yay!)


4.  My boys!  I was told by the car salesman, "Your boys are so well behaved!"  I was told by the priest, "Your boys are a wonderful example for other children during mass."  The librarian told me, "Your boys always use such good manners!"


5.  I went to plug in our outdoor lights, and there was no electricity!  My husband went to home depot, and found a new outdoor outlet, and rewired it for me.  then he came to Michael's and helped me pick out some fun, new lights too.  He's a good man!

I wish you a wonderful week!

signature