Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's Fave Five - 1/20

fff

It's Friday, so, today I'll join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story - where every Friday she hosts the meme, Friday's Fave Five .  Participants share five highlights from the past seven days.  I love to read the other blogs that have linked up, too.  The posts run the gamut of happy, profound, funny and spiritual.  As a bonus, some have the most amazing photos!

Here are my Five Favorites:


1.  A Dyson vacuum.  I have always wanted a good vacuum, but couldn't justify spending so much money.  I found an amazing dollars off internet coupon, and I was able to use it on a refurbished model.   Oh, my!  It really DOES make a difference.  I love this vacuum!

2.  The heater in the car seats.  I think that is one of the best inventions ever, and I thank whomever the genius is behind this.

3.  Loom knitting.  I tried to start crocheting and knitting to help build up some strength in my hands.  I love walking in the yarn aisles, and seeing al the colors, textures and possibilities.  Unfortunately, my hands (which have a bit of arthritis and always feel like they have pins and needles) couldn't keep proper tension and I was also dropping the needles all the time.  Then, I saw a video about loom knitting.   I can do that!   Projects are simple, or complex.  It's possible to do cables and patterns and mix yarns.  I have a new obsession.  

4.  The boys writing has improved so much this year!  Their creative stories and descriptive writing is getting so much better, and I am proud of them, and thrilled with both IEW and Write Shop writing curriculum, too.

5.  My husband was home on Monday and Tuesday of this week, so we had extra time together. It's nice to have him home, as he usually works such long days.  Our sons think he is the coolest guy on the planet, and any extra time with him thrills them.

I wish you a wonderful week, filled with blessings.
signature