Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday’s Fave Five - 2/03

fff winter button

Welcome to another Friday's Fave Five.  Susanne at Living to tell the Story hosts this weekly meme where we link up posts about five highlights form our week.  Here are mine.  They are kind of all over the place, but so was my week.  :)

1.  I have read or heard reference to Saint Monica and Saint Augustine three separate times this week.  I believe there is a message I'm supposed to be hearing.

I have been very concerned - my sons are turning to young men really quickly!  They are so impressionable, and it feels like an uphill battle against pop culture, peer pressure, and Asperger Syndrome.  The message, I'm sure, is to give my boys a little bit of room, pray for them continually, and trust that God hears.  I know He does, and I shouldn't worry so much.

Sainte_Monique

2.  I will admit that I don't care a hoot about the Superbowl, but we DO live in NY, and it is a big deal to almost everyone else, so, I'm happy that so many other people are happy.  And, I hope the Giants win, so that all these people STAY happy!

NY giants


3.  Well, you know, for as much as I worry, you'd think my kids were out looting, or rioting.  I promise, they are wonderful, and these children of mine are holding their own.  We have been working on manners and chivalry.  Some of it seems to be sticking.  Ladies first, hold the door, carry the heavier packages, offer to do kind things... they are doing it.  Almost consistently.  I caught this picture of them earlier in the week.  As you can see, their hard work has been paying off.  *wink*

cherubs

4.  It's February.  One more month closer to Spring.  We've been lucky, it hasn't been truly awful yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

hate winter

5.  My husband brought me a fun toy last weekend.  I love The Annoying Orange.  (I know, weird.. but so am I, a little bit)  He brought me a cute toy version that says some of his annoying phrases when you squeeze him.  I love it!
annoying orange

Yes, I know.. but when I named the blog, I wasn't kidding.  LOL!

I wish you all a wonderful and blessed week ahead.

signature