Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 21



Today I'm feeling grateful for Pioneers.  Not the families who traveled out West in covered wagons, (although I do have the deepest respect for them) but the modern day Pioneers.

Thank you to all of the families who came before me and raised children with autism.  The ones who saw what their child(ren) needed and began finding ways to help them build muscles, develop motor skills, use speech, deal with sensory issues and cope with anxiety before the medical community caught up to you.

Thank you to the families who decided to educate their children at home before I did.  You've made it easy for me to do what's best for my kids.

Thank you to the other mothers who gave up careers to stay at home and raise their children.  It was so unfashionable, and many of you got a bad rap and were accused of sabotaging the work of the feminist movement - but you made some sacrifices, did without some things, and you built cathedrals.  (If you aren't familiar with Nicole Johnson's BOOK, watch THIS -with Kleenex nearby)**

If you are feeling grateful, visit Brenda's Blog, Garden of Learning to add a post, or read everyone else's.



**  Of course, I am also grateful for those who broke the glass ceilings, and made the way for women in the professional world.