Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 28


Gratitude Challenge

Today I am grateful for my church.   Not just the building down the street, where they are happy to see me, and are so kind to my children - but the Universal Church.  The people, the rituals, and the comfort of knowing that no matter where I am in the world, the same prayers and readings and Gospels are being told.   I am always "home".

I love that there doesn't have to be a building.  I have been part of mass in some incredible places (on a mountaintop, in the woods, in gymnasiums, etc) and when I have been sick, mass came to me.   For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matt 18:20

I am thankful because  I know that there have been many martyrs, (and many who STILL suffer) so that I can be a part of this body.
FOR WE, BEING MANY, ARE ONE BREAD, ONE BODY: ALL THAT PARTAKE OF ONE BREAD."(1 COR 10:17)
 To see the rest of the Gratitude Challenge, visit Brenda,at Garden of Learning.
signature