Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lent, Day 6

Today in the Catholic Gospel Jesus teaches his apostles how to pray.   I think we all know the words of the Our Father. Sometimes I know them too well.  I say the words and forget how powerful they are.  Especially these four simple ones, "Thy Will Be Done".

I'll be honest.  I have a few control issues.  I struggle.  I sometimes skew the picture so that  I can convince myself that my will is His.   It always ends the same.  When I let it go, I find peace.   When I think of how Jesus could accept his Father's will, knowing what lie ahead at Calvary, I am almost ashamed that I grasp so tightly to trivial matters.
Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Join Trish at A House Upon the Rock this Lenten Season as she hosts this daily meme, 40 Days of Seeking Him.

signature