Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 6/2

FFF
Is it already Friday again?  Wow, this week has been a blur!  If you've been following along, you'll know that Friday is the day I join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for her weekly meme, Friday's Fave Five.   I love, love, love this one.  No matter what's going on in my life, I take the time to look over the past week and pick out five highlights.  It's a wonderful gratitude exercise!

Here are some blessings from the past seven days.
  1. Last Friday was my Birthday.  (yey!)  My first gift was the kidney stone I mentioned yesterday.  (boo!)  But I was so happy to come home from the ER and have the people I love there to celebrate with me.  It was very good distraction from the pain.

  2. I was given the chance to put things in perspective.  Apparently, somebody in the Radiology department forgot to clear my name out of the system after the CT scan of my kidneys.  The following patient had an X-Ray done, and that unfortunate person had Congestive Heart Failure and an enlarged heart.  They also had MY name on their X-Ray!  (I was wondering why my GP called my house in a panic the next day asking about my ER visit!)   As part of the incident being cleared up, I needed an X-Ray done to show that I was not in need of a heart transplant.  The very thought of it was sobering!  While my discomfort is unpleasant, when I get too wrapped up in it, I think of the woman with the CHF, and her family instead.  It's been a great tonic.

  3. On a happier note, my husband gave me the fabulous gift of an iPhone.  I had a Droid, but I am an Apple Girl at heart.  When Verizon finally got the iPhone, I will admit, I was covetous.  I was planning to wait for November when I was eligible for my next upgrade.  My husband was due for his upgrade now, and switched with me.  What a good man!

  4. True Love. One of the gifts of motherhood is the way it has shown me that the depths of love are immeasurable.  When I feel like I have nothing left to give, my boys prove me wrong, over and over again.

  5. Memorial Day.   I can't come up with words to describe the emotions I associate with Memorial Day.  It goes beyond gratitude.   The weekend also reminds me of my father.  He would make the trip to DC for the Rolling Thunder ride every year.   (he co-founded our local chapter and was very dedicated to POW/MIA and other veteran's affairs)
I hope everyone has had a blessed week!   Thanks again to Susanne!

signature