Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alphabe-Thursday - 7/14 - Magnificent M!

button

Welcome back to Alphabe-Thursday, hosted by Ms Jenny Matlock over at …off on my tangent..

Today is dedicated to Magnificent M.

I almost skipped this week due to my least favorite "M" word.  Migraine.  (evil, horrible and awful things!)  However, Zomig came to the rescue.  (ahh, the Marvels of Modern Medicine!)   It looks as though I will be able to slip this post in just under the wire, while it's still Thursday here in NY.

Now let me list the Ms that make me smile.

Motherhood.  Mothers are the best.. (Mine and Many others)  Where would we be without Mom?

M&Ms.  These little babies make any day better.  And they are making the coconut ones again.  Oh, thank you M&M Mars.  

Music - I almost always have at least one ear plugged into my iPod.  This whole family loves music.  My husband is a very talented bass player, and my boys love their music too.  They really like Muse the most (which works out well for this post) but have many other favorites, too.

I mentioned Legos last week.  This week a special shout out goes to the minifigs. These marvelous little men make collecting even more fun!

minifigs 

Speaking of men, I think I will end on that note.  I would like to recognize the good men out there. The ones who are responsible, caring, supportive and loving - and still maintain their masculinity.  I think our media is trying very hard to wear good men down.   So many dads are portrayed as stupid bumbling morons who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag without help.

I've got your back, fellas.  I'm raising two young men of my own, and I don't intend to let them grow up believing that nonsense.

Have a great week, and stop by next time when we have fun with "N".

signature