Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - 8/12

 FFF

Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this weekly meme.  It's a chance to look back over the past week and remember the highlights.

Here are mine.

1.  A family reunion.  I love my family.  Immediate, extended and adopted, too.  Each August we get together for a day.  The kids play, the adults catch up, we all eat too much, and sometimes there are some pretty intense game tournaments, too.  This year was a little bit more laid back.  It was a wonderful day, but we were all missing my aunt's laughter.  I'm sorry to say, the aunt who usually presides over the weekend passed away suddenly in June.

2.  My brave boys.   After a terrifying experience with a marauding German Shepherd, my boys have been terrified of dogs.  Due to the change of venue for the reunion this year, there were three dogs at the party.   The fellas were ready to jump in the car and leave wary at first, but after an hour or so, they were laughing at the funny things the dogs were doing.  By midday, they were arguing over whose turn it was to throw the dogs their toys, and as we were leaving, they asked if we could take one of the dogs home with us.  Yey.

3.  Captain America.  I took the boys to see it on Monday.  I haven't loved a movie so much in a long time.  It has a strong leading man who is patriotic and willing to sacrifice his life for the greater good. A REAL hero!   Some of it was over the top, but I can live with that when I love the story and it's characters.

4.  Blogging.  I am reviewing a book that is exactly what I need to read before we start our school year.  It's fitting in perfectly with the book I just finished, and the book I'm going to read next.  I love how often that happens.

5.  A husband who values my opinion.  I've decided that #5 is my husband's weekly spot.  He always gives me a reason to be grateful.  This week, I had an idea about an upcoming trip.  I was prepared to debate and discuss this at length.  Instead, he told me he trusts my judgement, and he would leave this one up to me.   LOL.

Thanks to Susanne for being our gracious hostess.  I wish you a week full of blessings.
signature