Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday's Fave Five -8/19

FFF
Happy Friday!  It's time for another Friday's Fave Five, with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  For this meme, I take a few moments, reflect on the past week, and write about five highlights.  Then I link up at Susanne's blog.

Here is my FFF:

1.  A phone call from my Aunt, just because.   It wasn't a Birthday or a Holiday - it was just a call to talk.  That's always nice!

2.  I caught the boys encouraging each other several times this week!   They are going through a competitive stage - and they have also been trying out some pre teen snarky talk with each other.  Ugh!  It makes me cringe!  So, we've had a few talks about it and I've demonstrated for them how awful it looks and sounds when they are unkind to each other.  While it's taking some time, and I expect this will have to run it's course, they HAVE been slightly more conscious of each other's feeling.  Occasionally.  And when they are kind - I make sure to point out how wonderful it is!

3.  Fun new games to play.  When it's fun, they don't know that all that bonding is making their mother so happy in a sappy, sentimental way.  Shhhh!

4.  That really good feeling when somebody I've been praying for finally has something good happen. The ray of sunshine - the glimmer of hope.  It happened more than once this week!

5.  My husband will be home with us today!  He needed some work done on his car, so he took the day off.  A three day weekend for him, and more time together for us!

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!
signature