Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday's Fave Five

fff


Happy Friday!  On Friday, I look back over the past week, and pick out five highlights, blog about them, and then share them with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.  This is part of a weekly meme called Friday’s Fave Five.

I'm a little late today, so I'm going to write my list quickly.

1.  I'm so glad I bought the extended warranty on my car!  I wouldn't normally do that, but for some reason, I did.  It has paid for itself several times now.  I was so relieved to sign a line with a charge of $0.00 today - for what was at least a $900.00 job.

2.  My mother and I were looking for a book together, and came across my Grandmother's Bible.  (My father's mother)  The bookplate on the front cover indicates that she won it in 1930 as a first place prize for a Sunday School contest of some sort.  There were prayer cards inside, which were also presents and prizes from her school.  She's been gone for about 25 years now, and it was nice to see, hold and touch something of hers.

3.  My mother invited the boys to swim at her friend's house.  This is a woman she quilts with.  Her home is beautiful, and she is so sweet!  My boys are.. well.. boys.  I held my breath at first, but they were really VERY good for almost 2 hours.  When we left there had been no blood, nothing was broken, all their words were appropriate, and her pristine back yard/pool area looked as clean and as tidy as when we arrived.  They used please and thank you when needed, too.  Whew!

4.  Unfortunately, I received an extremely bad haircut this week.  The kind where I went in with hair to my shoulders, asked for 1/2 an inch to be trimmed, and left looking like a 10 year old Dutch Boy.  Bad, bad, bad, bad BAD haircut!!  Thankfully, I am not terribly vain, and I have a good sense of humor.  (and plenty of styling aids, headbands, barrettes, combs and clips)  Boy Two said to me, "Don't worry Mom, you still look pretty."  :)

5.  My husband still makes me laugh.  The kind of laughing where I cry, gasp for air and my stomach hurts.  I'm so glad for that.


signature