Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's Fave Five - September 16th

FFF

Happy Friday!  It's time to link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday's Fave Five.

Here are my top five highlights from the past week.

1.  Finishing our first week of full time school.  The boys are in Middle School this year, and the work is a bit more complex, but the boys are more than up to it.  They did a great job, and we didn't have much short attention span trouble, so they must be enjoying it.  :)

2.  The windows are open, and we all feel cool and comfortable!  I wish it could stay like this for about 6 months.

3.  I am teaching 1st grade CCD this year.  We had our first class yesterday.  I forgot how cute first graders are.  I hope to have a wonderful year with them.

4.  My own kids get more interesting every day.  They ask interesting questions, they have interesting opinions, and they make me think.  We don't agree on everything (ask me about their musical taste...) but they are pretty cool guys.  I love that we get to spend so much time together.

5.  My husband took on the annoying job of assembling an annoying piece of "make it yourself" furniture for me.  Bless his heart.  This one was a pain!

I have an area where we keep all of our homeschool stuff, but we work at the kitchen table for the most part.  No matter what my good intentions are, there were always books and things left on the counters and tables.  I saw this Center Island and thought, "That's it!"  The books we use every day go from the table to the cabinet in one small step.   See how nice and neat?

Book Cabinet

Then I close the doors, and I'm finished!  The top is butcher block, and there's a flip up section so it can double in size - so it is even functional and attractive.  Thank you good husband!!

I wish you all a fantastic week!
signature